Sunday, March 16, 2008

gift registries, movies and cold weather

Well, I wished I could tell you that my life were more exciting...however, that would be a big lie. :)

I have been busy working a lot of hours, enjoying being on my feet and talking with people. What I have noticed with this life change is that I don't keep up with the news as much as I would like and I don't send near as much time any more in front of a computer.

Most of my afternoon has been spent starring at my laptop working on our gift registry for Crate & Barrel. Brian and I registried there over a month ago, only selected 30 things in the store and then haven't done anything since. It's hard to do any fun registring when there is a boy walking around with you constantly saying, "Why do we need that? Don't we already have that?"
When I head home in April I am planning on making mom and Veeves head up to B,B&B with me to register like crazy there as well! Hopefully that will be a little more fun! I am sure it will be!

Sunday has been a good day. Brian and I met up with friends at church, enjoyed a great sermon and then headed to the movies to see Horton Hears a Who. The movie was very cute and enjoyable. It is nice to watch a movie not filled with foul language, blood and guts. Though I am in no way, shape or form ready for children (sorry Vic & Veeves) enjoying the movie as much as I did makes me look forward to the times when I do have children that I can experience those moments with!

As I said early, I haven't done a very good job of staying current on the hot topics of "today". It is freezing in Tucson today!! I had NO idea! The weather has been fabulous this whole week and then it had to go off and snow in the mountains today and rain in the city. Blah... I was looking forward to sitting outside in my hammick chair reading a book and enjoying the warmth. Alas...

That's all I got for now! Enjoy...

5 comments:

vicki said...

Glad you made it back to the computer screen! speaking for all of your public, we have missed the updates! If you need me to go to C&B and register for all the stuff that I think I would be cool to have, just give me the word. I believe I could top 30 items for you. Enjoy your new stand up job, and don't forget to buy those sensible shoes and support hose! And maybe you could put that on your lingerie registry...

Catherine said...

thanks mom... you're always looking out for me! :)

Lyndsey said...

Hurrah for registering. I'll go registering too? Would you prefer Barney's or Bloomy's? Or I could just hit 5th Ave...hmm...
also - the Hesters and the Lipfords send their love and congrats to you & Brian

Cameron said...

Don't you worry about Brian second guessing your selections. There are so many things you will use in the future that you may not have a use for quite yet. Remind him that each thing people purchase for you now is one less thing that you have to spend money on yourselves. People are going to get you a wedding gift because they love you, so it might as well be something that you want/like/need instead! I love you!!

Juli said...

Your mom cracks me up. Didn't you tell her that Chick-fil-a makes you buy sensible shoes? They don't provide the support hose though.