Sunday, April 15, 2007

My "accidental" trip to Dallas

Brian has decided that we need to start praying today to the travel gods for the next time we ever decide to go on a vacation... For those of you who did not know, two weeks ago I was suppose to go to Dallas for Jason Webb's wedding. My flight was canceled as soon as I got there and I was going to be able to make it out to Dallas until Saturday night... which would completely defeat the purpose for my trip. So, I got reimbursed for my ticket (two weeks later), cried, and went on my way.

So this weekend Brian and I had planned a trip to Charlotte, NC to watch his little sister play in her last home lacrosse game before she graduates from Queens University. We got to the Tucson airport with about 15 minutes to get to our gate. When we walked to our gate we found out that our flight had been delayed 40 minutes... we only had a 40 minute layover in Dallas to make our connecting flight to Charlotte... see where I'm going with this...

We took off, had a smooth flight, and then had to circle around the Dallas/Fort Worth skies for one hour until a storm blew through (which shut down the airport, the airplanes that were on the ground out pelted with 2'' hail and two tornados hit not too far away). Once we landed we taxied to the terminal in which we sat for another 1.5 hours until we could pull up to the terminal to get off the plane. During this time I was on the phone with a AA customer service rep trying to figure out our ticketing issues. Since we wouldn't be able to make it to Charlotte until Saturday night now we decided just to get tickets back to Tuscon on Saturday (the earliest flight we could get was 7:20 pm). Praise the Lord that I have family there that picked us up... so the blessing in disguise was that I was actually able to see my family!! I was so upset two weeks ago when I wasn't going to see them until the end of May!!

Dad, Valerie, Bagel, Brian and I had a fabulous time together, though I wished I could be longer. We picked up Mom from the airport on Saturday afternoon from her library trip to San Antonio. We all hung out at the airport until closer to Brian and I's flight out. And of course, that flight was delayed for 40 minutes!! We finally made it back to Tucson late last night!

Here are some pictures from the weekend!

Catherine, Dad, Valerie & Mom in Terminal D before Brian and I went to our gate


Veeves & Cath on Friday night


Cat & Brian on Friday night hanging out at Sherlocks with Veeves


Kathy met us for lunch at Cuba Libre on Saturday!!!!! It was so so so so so good to see her!


Veeves, Dad & Cath at lunch


Veeves, Mom & Cath at the airport


Veeves & Brian trying to be the same height (she's 5' 3'' and he's 6' 4'')

And the moral of this story... I WANT TO BE BACK HOME!!!!!

2 comments:

Lyndsey said...

So this is why no one was returning my calls all weekend...everyone was way too popular! Sorry about your trip but so glad you got in some good quality Big D time! Just sad it wasn't when I was there.

Valerie said...

oh my gosh come home quick!!!! i had soooo much fun and i love you tons and tons and tons.