Monday, June 25, 2007

Lindsey came to visit and play time in Mexico

One of my closest friends came to visit me in Tucson this past weekend! Lindsey McCrary and I had so much fun getting to spend time together catching up, driving around and playing in Mexico. We enjoyed a homemade dinner on Thursday night... God bless yummy chicken salad that we have bonded over since college, a fabulous and cooled temperatures drive up Mt. Lemmon where we walked around and enjoyed all the beautiful nature you see driving up the mountain and then walking around on all the big rocks. On Saturday morning, Lindsey, Megan (my new roommate), Shannon (my new friend) and I met Brian, Adam (his roommate), Gavin (Brian's cousin) and Kristin (Gavin's girlfriend) at Brian's house (soon to be Megan and Catherine's home!!) where we loaded up, tried to get the boat ready (we didn't and decided to leave it), and headed out for the 4 hour drive toward Puerto Penasco, Mexico.
Lindsey and I at Mt. Lemmon
Brian and Catherine at Puerto Penasco, Mexico
Catherine & Lindsey playing in the ocean
Catherine & Megan: My new roommate who just moved down to Tucson from Michigan. She is working for an International adoption agency. Her neighbor in Michigan is one of the board of directors for Family Life Communications, the company I work for. How great is God!!!
Me and Shannon falling while still looking of-so-beautiful for the camera!
That's my baby!!

We all had such a wonderful time. Who knew that just 24 short hours at the beach and playing in the ocean would be such a renewing experience. It took us 4 hours each way and through the border crossing. It was a great time for Lindsey and I to catch up while Shannon and Megan relaxed in the back. And a great time for old friends (Adam, Brian, Gavin) to meet new friends (Lindsey, Shannon, Megan, Kristin).

All in all, it was a wonderful trip and I want more friends to come visit!! Moral of the story... COME VISIT ME!!

Goode Lyndsey Goode has already canceled on my because of work so I how have an availability in August! :)

Love,
C

5 comments:

Lyndsey said...

In my defense, I didn't cancel - I rescheduled. Couldn't you just get Come Before Winter to change the pretreat. I mean...seriously.
But now we get to say Thanksgiving-ish in Tucson!

Valerie said...

I'm glad you had so much fun! Don't forget that I'm the favorite! Love you!

Cara said...

Sounds like fun...maybe I should book an August opening:)

Kelli said...

So fun! Looks like you are doing great in Arizona! When will you be visiting Farmers Branch in the future? I'd love to see you! :)

amy said...

Catherine!! How are you? Your trip looks TOO fun!! Richey and I are going to mexico next month-- yea! Amy O. <><