Friday, June 27, 2008

The Wildlife around the house...

I saw two havalina (nasty wort hog looking things) last Saturday on my way into Starbucks at about 3:45 AM. I didn't get pictures but man they were gross...and just non-chantly crossing the street into Tohono Chul Park...right by our house.

Brian, being a boy, decided we was going to catch a lizard. He was successful. It bit him on the finger but then didn't move until Brian dropped him outside. Of course, when he caught the thing he ran into the house to show me and Amanda.

Then there was the snake right outside the house...don't have much to say about that except...GROSS!!!!

Enjoy the pictures!









3 comments:

vicki said...

Glad you had the camera handy. The lizard shots are cool, and I hope you were using the long distance lens for Mr. Snake. Is that the friendly, "I will eat your varmits" kind, or the deadly treacherous kind?

Valerie said...

oh darling.

"nonchalantly"

Jan Kelley said...

How are my girls doing.....cc are you taking care of valerie.....is she still the make-up queen of our generation...an aside to valerie--i am now lining hte bottome of my eyes and smudging it with a q-tip...you know, cc, that valerie needs to be catered to since she is peace corps bound.......by the waym i realized when i got my check statmnt that i had supported this come before winter trip and i was so glad, because i was feeling like i had not been a good steward of the gifts God had given me when i though i didn't have the money to support your trip....i am soproud of you girls...however, we all know that after our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, life is really all about Lyndsey....love those Goodes......jj