Sunday, August 10, 2008

Something is wrong with my ring finger

On Saturday night Valerie, Amanda and I were (for some unknown reason) talking about wedding rings and how a lot of other countries wear their wedding bands on their right hand. I then go on the rest of my evening wearing my engagement ring on my right hand with no issues.
I fell asleep with my jewelry on.
I woke up around 4 AM, noticed and preceded to remove the jewelry.
My hands were swollen so I was having to work at getting my ring off. The problem...it wasn't coming off at all. I tried soap, lotion, Windex...nothing.

I decided to just wait it out because the bloating would go away at some point as it always has. I think I tried to hard in the middle of the night to get the ring off that my finger is now swollen and not coming down.
I soaked my hand in ice water to try to help. I worked at the ring in the shower. It has not started bothering me until now. It is continuing to swell and is now getting pretty puff and red. If nothing happens by this evening, Brian and I will be heading to the fire station to get it cut off. This will obviously be the worst case scenario.
The pictures really don't do it justice but it is the best I can get right now.



Roomies!! (Amanda, Veeves and me)


Me and Veeves right outside of the party room


Me, Brian and our friend Kristin and Megan's 30th birthday party at the Dubliner

1 comment:

vicki said...

I definitely see the puff and the red! Hope it comes down fast so you don't have to have "the procedure!!"