Friday, November 28, 2008

T-Give in the T-son

Thanksgiving (or T-Give if you're Veeves) week has been a blessing. It has been wonderful having my parents drive in from Dallas and spend the week with us. They stayed at Dave & Connie's condo and enjoyed a little fill of vacation. Their condo is right down the street from our house so it was perfect for all. They arrived on Tuesday afternoon. I was able to work a 1/2 day on Wednesday. We spend Tuesday and Wednesday organizing and opening wedding gifts. On Wednesday afternoon mom, dad, Brian and I went to Paradise Bakery for a late lunch and then to B,B&B to return duplicate gifts. Later that even my momma and I went and did the same at C&B and then bought some new items too!
Mom and Dad at Paradise Bakery

Brian (doing the Valerie pose) & Catherine at Paradise Bakery

The gang at the PB


Some of the gifts that my parents brought!



The Shaffer's chair they donated to The Wick cause! :)

Me and my daddy!


Thanksgiving Decor and T-Give Day





Those are 6 hawks on top of those trees. Mom and I were driving down my street back home after hitting up the big sales at 6 am on Black Friday. She told me to look up and asked if those were the hawks I kept talking about...then she said she wished she had her camera. Low and behold I had mine in my purse! I put the car in reverse. Backed up. And shot a few!

So neat...right after the picture was taken 4 flew a way! Great timing mom!!


After a fabulous Thanksgiving Day with the fam and friends we decided we needed to something a little more productive..like actually being on our feet walking around. We decided that we would walk over to Tohono Chul park since it is SOOO close to our house (I drive by it ever day to get to and from work). We spent the rest of the afternoon having lunch and walking around the park. Brian and I have lived in this area for so long and never been to the park. It was about time!




Cath being eaten by a Century plant...that sucker was huge!

Mom with the ACU purple plant and her cool new vest!


There were so many humming birds flying around. It was so much fun trying to spot them and capture a picture before they quickly flew away!

I love this picture of them. I wished they would print and actually frame it!

A yellow finch

That's a bunny in the middle of the screen!

That is right my friends. People in Arizona know how to decorate for the holidays!

Brian and my engagement picture...I know it is a little late...but still fairly funny! :)






So, what is neat about Tohono Chul park is that if Brian and I really want to see what we saw there...we can just walk in our back yard. But I do completely recognize why people visit. It does definitely have its own type of beauty.

What a fabulous week we are wrapping up. My parents leave early tomorrow morning for a 14+ hour trip back home. It has been so much fun having them here. I'm glad they were finally able to come see the house, check out the area and also meet our sweet roomie Amanda!! Blessings to you and your this Thanksgiving season!!!

3 comments:

Lyndsey said...

So glad yall had such a good time together and that you finally got all of your goodies. And again sorry for waking you up last night!

Unknown said...

I appreciate the shoutouts in post! Brian doesn't really pull of the pose as well as I do, though!

PS. The turkey trot outfit... no joke... I wore the SAME thing the day before T-Give!!!!

vicki said...

We sure did enjoy our trip to Tucson! Hope we can get back soon. It's fun to go shopping with someone who can get so much good stuff without spending any "new" money! Keep an eye out for the fat coyote...that'll be the turkey eater for sure. And btw, you fixed a delicious turkey!