Monday, August 10, 2009

San Diego

I had a great weekend...after entirely too many border patrol stops! I headed out to visit Lyndsey for a super quick fabulous 30th birthday celebration! She was in San Diego celebrating her friends, Matt & Heather, 3.5 wedding party. They were married in NY back in November but have had parties in Long Island and San Diego so the families could celebrate too! Since Lyndsey was the maid of honor and best man in the wedding she has been invited to all the parties.

The drive was only 6 hours and actually quite enjoyable with just me, Brian's GPS and a good couple books on tape (my iPod). We had a great time with all of Matt's side of the family and friends and then went and had mexican food for her birthday. The sweetest part of the day though was when Matt & Heather brought out a birthday cake for Lyndsey during their wedding party! That screams AMAZING FRIENDSHIPS!!

Lyndsey and I spent the night at Nate & Sandy Parde's super cute house and then I headed back home on Sunday morning. I wished I could have stayed longer but I accomplished what I had set out to do!

Happy 30th Lyndsey!!

1 comment:

vicki said...

I am so glad you got to go and be part of a pretty amazing weekend!