Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Update


I am in my new apartment!! I am so excited to be here and all moved in... thanks to the wonderful Goode parents!!! Mom and Dad made great timing on Thursday after spending the night in Abilene and enjoying a lovely breakfast with Veeves! As soon as they arrived we started unloading all that we could and by the time we got to the super heavy things Brian and Adam had arrived!! Thursday evening was spent over sweat, organization, smiles and lots of pizza! Brian and Adam left after some heavy lifting and M, D, & I stayed to organize things before the big day of unpacking on Friday!

I did have to work at Starbucks on Friday morning from 4:30 am until 10 but mom and dad came in for some free coffee (tea for dad) and an apple fritter to share... you know we Goode's don't mess around when it comes to sugar! After I got off work we unpacked and organized all day long! Brian, Adam, Mom, Dad and I went to a nice Mexican restaurant for dinner and then off to bed!

Saturday was fun road trip to IKEA!!! The 5 of us loaded into the 'burb and made our way out to Phoenix!
Dad driving the over-loaded 'burb... something he has mastered, cross-country, over the years!
Adam, Catherine & Brian in front of the full-stocked 'burb! Most of that stuff is Brian and Adam's... I just want you to know!
Here it is! You know that my dad is a master packer!

After we returned, Dad spent the evening putting together my new kitchen table and new entertainment center and mom and I went to run more errands!

On Sunday after church at Palo Verde c of c, we all went to the top of Mt. Lemmon! After last weekends festivities at the peak of Pikes Peak in Colorado... Brian and I tried to give mom and dad the same sort of experience... just not as cold!
Brian and I at church.... that's mom's bible at the bottom right of the picture!

We had a nice drive (thank you Brian for driving)
(this is not him driving on Sunday... but you get the idea...)

Views from the road...
At the top...

Mom and Dad left early morning on Monday after I went to work at Starbucks for the holiday.
They had a quick trip back and were able to stop and see Valerie on the way back home as well!
I am so thankful to have had all of their help and support through this whole endeavor.

The new job is going well and the new apartment is going great! It is still not complete but it is coming together. All of the problems I have had thus far with the apartment have been all fixed!! I finally have a garbage disposal working... who would have ever thought that could excite someone so much!
My new bed is FABULOUS!! I love it though I don't think I have as much difficulty leaving the bed each morning as Veeves does! Everyone needs to come visit me now!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...without sounding too desperate! :)
Here are a couple of pictures I took at work today! They are views from different windows in our building!





This is my office door!
This is my office!
The view from my window... that's right... a motel! Man life is wonderful!!! :)

...but at least I already have a plant... it's fake... go figure...

I miss you! Life is good, thank you Lord for always continuing to provide and teach me in ways I could never imagine!

8 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I'm so excited for you! It looks great - already more furnished than mine and I've been here for a year. As soon as I get a hold on my schedule, I'm making the trip - I could totally use a vacation in the desert - and I suppose I could hang out with my favorite middle sister...if there was still free coffee! Last I heard you hadn't gotten an office yet - obviously you're moving up the ranks quickly! Am so proud of you! Baby Girl's growing up!

vicki said...

A great report of a really good and productive weekend. Glad to see the office photos too. The sun shining thru the clouds photo is just breath taking!

And take care of that disposall...We grow to depend on these little conveniences of life!!

Lylaf, the mom

Valerie said...

looks great cather! hope you had loads of fun with the parents and at the new job!

Kelly Vaughn said...

Catherine,
I loved looking at these pictures and I can't help but notice the pretty touches that show you have spent some time in Benin...for example the pretty giraffes on your shelf, and someone was under a beautiful blanket that looked pretty familar! Fun to see you and Brian and your parents! Happy to see you happy! Love you Cather!
Kelly

shell said...

An office??!!? Wow! That's big time. And an apartment to boot. I'm so happy for you! I hope we get to see each other sooner than Russia next Sept.

Love ya!!!!!

Brooke said...

I love all of your pictures! Good luck with the job!

Joel Weckerly said...

Holy cow Goode that's a lot of photos. ... Glad to see you're enjoying your new home and that I found your blog. Peace

Katie said...

wow, y'all have a LOT going on! I am so impressed! It looks like you're doing wonderfully! hope to see you soon!