Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My beautiful smile...

...as most of you remember it...

...is no longer beautiful. :(

((PS: This is the closest thing to a sad face I could find in all of my pictures... it just turns out I am just too happy too much of the time!))


Anyway, today I went to the dentist to get two teeth filled. That is right my friends... two cavities; ie: no longer a beautiful mouth.
I have prided myself on 25 years of strong healthy teeth. And just like with everything else, I move to AZ and things just start to fall apart! :)

Apparently, it has nothing to do with the fluride in the water as I tried to blame it on. The dental hygenist said that if I have been going through a lot of stress lately that could have something to do with. Ironic... I think not. Same findings with my doctors visit last week. I had felt sickly for a while and couldn't figure out what was really wrong. I thought allergies might have something to do with it. It turns out the cause... stress.

So, now I am really focusing on the positives of everything I can. I am trying to find the joy in Tucson, the joy in work, the joy in a new roommate, the joy in a swamp cooler (be thankful for air conditioning, those of you who have it... that's all I can say about that), a new home and the fabulous most wonderful boyfriend in the whole stinkin' entire world!!!

I still have to go in on September 7th to have a wisdom tooth extracted but I am figuring that won't be completely awful. How in the world is that, you wonder... because I am trying to look at the positives of everything, silly!! Don't you remember the last paragraph! :)

Love... even with no-longer-perfect-teeth
The cath

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Unless the cavities are in the front uppers, I think we can salvage a remnant of beauty, at least enough to help us remember how good you used to look! sympathetically yours, The Mom

Valerie said...

at least you still have your front teeth. and you don't have hideous periodontal disease!

Brooke said...

One good thing about getting wisdom teeth removed is how you can entertain your friends while you are all doped up on medicine. I remember cracking my friends up with my loopiness!

Lyndsey said...

Veeves already beat me to the hideous periodontal disease joke. So sorry kiddo!