Tuesday, August 28, 2007

a wildlife adventure

Last night Brian had come over to my house after work to try to fix my toilet... this toilet has not been working since I moved in a couple weeks ago and has become a big pain! That is neither here nor there in this story... so, around 7 pm I walked him out front to his car. We were chatting and saying good night when Brian stopped talking and gasped... we looked over toward the shed (maybe 50 feet away) and there were two adult coyotes just walking by. My roommate Megan had mentioned last week that she has seen coyotes on our property some mornings as she is getting ready for work but I had not seen them yet. Then a third coyote followed not too far behind. They stopped and looked at us for just a moment... then went on their way. However, it was fun because all the bunnies came leaping in our direction. So, I got to enjoy more cute cotton-tail sightings!!

SO COOL!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

While living in Rockwall, I would see coyotes in my front yard as I would get the morning paper. A little frightening, but they never advanced towards me. If you have a pet, be sure to keep an eye on it. Many cute little dogs are eaten by those coyotes!

Unknown said...

Hope you have a camera at the next coyote sighting. Or more hopping bunnies would be nice...hope the toilet saga has a quick and happy ending. Lylaf, the mom

Lyndsey said...

You live in a foreign land - the day I see coyotes and bunnies in front of my...um...property, I'll let you know! Hope the toilet's fixed since you got off the phone with ME to provide the assist.