Sunday, October 28, 2007

Independence, new gadgets and ex-girlfriends

...DANG IT!! :)

So, I changed the head light in my car today that has been out for weeks and weeks. Well... I guess I really didn't do it but I watched the guy from Checker Auto parts do it and he walked me through what to do next time!!!! In moments like these you appreciate so much being close to your daddy who can fix everything... thanks Dad... I miss you!!

My car stereo/CD player/tape deck stopped working yesterday... I knew this was going to happen fairly soon... yet I still wasn't ready for it to no longer be working. And, course, through these situations you realize how dependent you are on whatever object is no longer working; whether it be a cell phone, cd player, ipod, car, etc. I went to Best Buy yesterday afternoon and ended up getting a new CD player put in my car that I can play my iPod straight out of! It's a pretty neat deal... nothing at all fancy... but still fun!!

While I was waiting through 4 hours of it being installed I walked a cross the street to the mall. Did a little browsing. Then Brian met me up there after he was done working for some Starbucks and browsing (again) until the car was finished. We went into Z Gallerie (once of the most fabulous stores in the word)!! We ran into Gavin's (Brian's cousin that lives in Tucson) ex-girlfriend whom I haven't seen in months and months... while they dated Beth and I hung out a bit. We chatted for a while, caught up, exchanged cell phone numbers again, the whole bit... then went on our marry way.
We went back to Best Buy to wait just a little while longer for the car when we ran into none other than Meredith... Dave's ex-fiancee/girlfriend/whatever you want to to call her. I was able to catch up with her for a little bit and then immediately walked off to call Brian and tell him who I just ran into.
Going from feeling like I don't know anyone to running into random people all right in a row... oh, and this follows running into Dave on Friday night (literally) 5 minutes after he ditched Brian and I because of a "head ache" at the local Blockbuster... hummmmm....

Brian has been working his tail off this weekend showing homes and working on the rezone. Thank the Lord that we will have an answer as of November 20th... and Lord willing that the county will show us favor. This whole situation has been quite interesting to say the least. It was been a wonderful way to get to know neighbors and introduce ourselves. However, it has also been very heartbreaking to see how immature grown ups can act SO rudely. I would never have imagined been treated the way some neighbors have treated us and hearing things said about us that I just can't fathom adults saying about other adults whom they don't know nor have made any effort to meet. These are the times when Brian and I are so thankful to know the Lord and to have the peace that know matter how this all turns out the Lord has plans for us... though they are not at all what we can envision right now.

Of course, I will keep all up to date on the happenings of it all!!

Blessings,
C

No comments: