Tuesday, October 23, 2007

what's been going on lately

I have had a pretty good week. Brian and I continue to work diligently on the rezoning of the property I am living on. It has been taking up most of our "free time" every day and will until the hearing happens with the county on November 20th. Please pray that the neighbors will be receptive to what we are wanting to do. Pray that the county will see that what we are trying to make happen on this property is a good idea and the best, most sensible plan for these 2.2 acres. Pray for Brian, as he has invested so much financially and emotionally, that he will continue to feel encouraged by what he is presenting.

Last Thursday, Brian and I went to our friend Dave's house to cook out and watch The Office. We just spent a lot of time laughing and getting to enjoy Dave's new (beautiful) home!!

On Saturday afternoon after a couple of hours of walking up and down our neighborhood talking with neighbors about our project we went up to the U of A and hung out with a bunch of Brian's co-workers at a tailgate. We had so much fun getting to relax, people watch and get some good food! After all the wives and kids left for the game, Brian, myself and 5 other of Brian's buddies played Texas Hold 'em and watched the game on TV. I had so much fun!! What a blessing to have friends (even if they are Brian's co-workers and older with kids to spend time with)!

Tonight, Brian and I will be going over to Eric and Jenny Kelley's house for burgers and bonding! Eric and Jenny (and there four children) is the family that I lived with when I first moved to Tucson a year ago. We have tried to stay in contact with each other when we can. I am excited to have more fellowship time with friends!!

Yeah!!
So... rumor has it that big sis Lyndsey and new roomie Kathy will be heading to Tucson, AZ within the next month!!!!!!!!! I hope that all will work out!! How much fun to have play time with family in Tucson... only if I could convince my parents to come too!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so glad to read the news from Tucson. I didn't know L and K were planning a trip, but that should be great fun. I wish your parents could come too, but alas, life keeps happening. I will sub at the Turner library Th-Fri this week and plan to go to Houston Sunday for a few days. I will work the election Nov. 6 and the Salvation Army job starts the next day and lasts about a month. But Thanksgiving's coming, and so are yall!! Yippee!!
By then the hearings on the property will have happened and I pray they will turn out well and that God's will for Brian and the neighborhood will prevail. I am glad yall are enjoying good social interaction and are not feeling discouraged. Lylaf!!!

Unknown said...

Also, this weekend is the formal tea at church. sure wish you could be here for that. Veeves won't be here either, but I know it will be lovely.