Monday, January 12, 2009

Honeymoon pictures!

Here are some pictures from the honeymoon! If you have facebook you have most likely already seen these. I am still waiting for Brian it share his camera with me so I can upload all of his pictures. We kept his camera with us most of the time so he has better pictures. This is all I have to share right now!


These are a couple of pictures from our balcony. We stayed at Nita Lake Lodge but never saw any lakes around. We later realized that the big blanket of smooth white snow outside our balcony was a frozen lake!



After the first day of snowboarding I thought it would be nice to go hang out in the hot tub for a little while. Of course it is below freezing outside so the hot tubs must be in doors...WRONG!...but after stripping down and getting into the water quickly it felt quite nice! The view was phenomenal! And it really was so relaxing!



These pictures were on our last day of snowboarding. We were on Whistler Mountain about to take the Peak 2 Peak gondola to Blackcomb. Right before this picture was taken we saw a helicopter flying around and then heard a very loud boom! The helicopter had shot something into the mountain next to us to create an avalanche. It was a pretty cool sight!



These are views from inside of the Peak 2 Peak gondola taking us over the Blackcomb. Brian got some better ones with all the snow covered trees blanketing the mountain side.



I am completely frozen in this picture...Brian was nice enough to share his neck warmer thing so I could cover my face!



More pictures from inside the gondola. We were equal to some of the clouds floating between the mountains. That is always a neat sight. Below you can see a bunch of the trees. They are massive though from far up above they look tiny!



Mountains and a lot of snow!











This was taken at Ric's Grille in Whistler Village. It was are last dinner before we left the next morning. The dinner was delicious! And I know you can tell Brian was having a blast...some days I wished he would just smile instead of always making the goofy faces. Oh well...I still love the man!


So hopefully I will get the pictures from Brian's camera within the next day or so!

2 comments:

Jan Kelley said...

I enjoyed viewing these pictures on Facebook too. I am so happy for you both to be able to revel in the beauty of the snow. happy happy memories. I have grown to love Brian's picture expressions. Brian is to be loved regardless. Thanks for sharing.

vicki said...

Facebook? You're on facebook? I will have to check that out.
BTW, did you see naked people hanging upside down by a ski from the gondola? Part of the fun of checking out the Drudge Report...