Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My fabulous husband

When I woke up on Monday morning I could tell it was going to be 'one of those days'. I tried to be in the mind frame of "I am the only person that can change my attitude' and yet little things kept happening that were very frustrating. I got home around 8:30 last night for a long day at work. Brian had made me dinner and had bought we some beautiful purple tulips.


He had also gone to a bird store to buy some seed for the front yard. He has the best view from his office window and sees cardinal, quail, bunnies, hawk or humming birds on a near daily basis. He sprinkled the seed yesterday evening and this morning this is some of what we saw...


There are 11 quail in all but you can only see 9 in the picture. 2 were on the other side of the cactus. We only saw one bunny munching away this morning but there are normally 5-8 every morning in the backyard feasting.

Brian being the boy he is was wishing he had a pellet gun or that a hawk would swoop down and grab the bunny. God bless boys you know...I don't have to get it though! :)

PS: I am loving my job with Apollo College. The team is fabulous and it is nice to be working in a secular job but surrounded by some amazing Christians. What a blessing! Now, I am just having to wait patiently for my own space and my own phone line. Right now I am having to share with the faculty work room or other peoples office spaces once they leave for the day. It will all be settled at some point!

3 comments:

vicki said...

Love the beautiful "just because" tulips. What a thoughtful guy you've got there! And how clever to get the bird seed so he can enjoy the nature visual out his window. You just can't beat bunnies for "cute," can you?

Unknown said...

Pretty flowers... too bad he didn't get you any star gazer lilies. I know those are his fav! :)

Jan Kelley said...

So glad you are enjoying your job. I always felt the same way when i was working with Christians in the secular world. Some of my dearest spiritual sisters were girls from work. Life is filled with blessings in some of the most unexpected places. Every place we are is our ministry. Bless you, dear CC.