Friday, January 23, 2009

Oh my word I am my mother...

I just noticed something. I sat down to work on my new crossword puzzle book I just bought at Barnes and Noble while watching my Netflix movie that just came in, A Prairie Home Companion. Then it hit me...I am so my mother...or my Aunt JJ...take your pick.

And I thought you might enjoy this Mom/L/V. The introduction to the crossword puzzle book says this:

Take a step back--back in time to the 1960s. Thus, you don't need to know all of the useless trivia that clutter modern crosswords. There aren't any clues that ask about grunge rock, pitchers for the Florida Marlins, or who shot J.R. Instead, you'll be challenged by tough crosswords that require a good vocabulary and knowledge of classical information to solve.
These puzzles are not easy. To give your brain a good workout, you have to use it. And what better or more fun way is there to do that than to spend some time with through-provoking crosswords? So enjoy yourself, and while you're at it, you'll keep yourself sharp.

Could that not sound more like my mother saying that to me...holy moly!

We had such a pretty rainbow out front of our house just now. There were two on top of each other. Of course, the pictures don't do it justice but here you go anyway...


4 comments:

Lyndsey said...

There are certainly worse traits to pick up! It'll ward off your dementia in your old age. I'm just turning into a red head! :)
Love the pictures!

Valerie said...

Pretty pictures... makes me miss living there! And living with you!

vicki said...

Well, goodness...I hope they have the answers in the back...now that's how you learn!! Or you could do it the Uncle Morton way: just fill in random letters til every square is filled! He has as much fun as the rest of us and is still somehow staving off dementia.

The pictures are beautiful and I know it was much more spectacular in real time! God's paintbrush can't be topped.

Btw, Veeves and I returned Kristen's dress and saw her new house. She and Chris have done a great remodeling job so far. Hope you get a chance to see it when you're here.

Jan Kelley said...

CC, did you get an extra book for me? You can never have too many crossword books.