Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy 6 month anniversary... plus some

Brian and my 6 month anniversary was April 18th. It doesn't feel like it has been 6 months since our wedding and I do miss all the presents coming to our door every day! :) I realize that you are suppose to wait until your one year anniversary to thaw your cake and eat it in celebration but I really wanted the freezer space back and it took too much room in the fridge!
Here are the lovely thawed cakes...remember, Brian's grandma (Gini) made the Kranskaka. Whoever wrapped the wedding cake did a wonderful job keeping it airtight. I was very impressed when I was unwrapping it. The white chocolate curls were delicious!

This is Brian having a good attitude about eating "old" cake when he really didn't want to! :)



I dared him to shove that whole piece in his mouth...he got about half of it in! It was a hilarious moment!

Of course I didn't have a problem giving it a try! :) Hello!! Sugar!!
This is a shout out to all of my college McKay's cake party girls. We all have to do it!


The wedding cake was good. Not as fabulous as it was when we first had it but it was good for a bit or two. The Kranskaka was delicious though! We need to call Gini and let her know how yummy it still was. We will savor the kranskaka as long as it lasts!

This weekend, Brian's roommate Adam came for the weekend from Vegas. He was finishing up his spring break (he is in medical school...smarty pants) and decided to come hang out with us for a couple of days. It was so nice having him around again. He and Brian played paintball on Saturday morning. They both had some facinating bruises...I did try to take pictures but my camera could not do them justice. We just sat on the back porch Saturday evening and I had a yummy lobster dinner and Adam grilled shrimp skewers. It was so good!!

(This is an old picture of the boys but all I could find.)

And lastly, when I opened up by blinds the other morning there was a baby bunny eatting right out front of our bedroom sliding glass door! All the warm weather is bringing out all the fun animals!

3 comments:

vicki said...

OOh, its bunny time again! My favorite season! And your cakes did look good. Guess you'll have to figure out something else for the actual one year anniversary. Get Kate to make something and put it in her freezer for 6 months for you. What are friends for, after all???

Unknown said...

hmm... cake sounds good :)

Kristin said...

Too fun! Chris wasn't the most excited about eating our wedding cake, either...I thought it was good! Hope you enjoyed celebrating 6 months. That has certainly flown by! I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!!