Sunday, April 05, 2009

Little blessings...

...they come in all shapes in sizes. With the focus for both of us being balancing work and relationship (like so many of my peers too) we are trying to find the little blessings in life. Last night we were able to meet up with Patrick and Kate for some sushi at Ra and then dessert at Frost geleto!!YUMMY :)

This morning Brian HADDDD to finish Harry Potter Box 6. I left for church and told him to meet me when we finished the book. He had 8 pages left and COULD NOT put it down! :) He was about 7 minutes late. When I got to church, Nathan the preacher, as well as 4 other people asked if Brian had to work this morning. My response, "He has to finish a book he's been reading. He's on the last chapter." Everyone completely understood. :) Not Brian has started on Book 7 and I am rereading box 6 so I will be prepared before it comes to the theaters on July!! Brian has made so much progress from all of those days of torment when he did not understand the Goode Girls obsessing with all that is The Harry Potter books. He finally gets it girls!!!

On Saturday evening Brian was on the phone looking out the front window when he saw my precious baby bunny. I love all the bunnies and there has been a precious little baby bunny I look out for every day. It was just sitting out front of our house chilling. I took these two pictures...


(Look toward the bottom right corner if you can't find the bunny)
...and then walked out side to see if I could catch it and pet it. That didn't go to well. Brian and I looked under the different cactus and hiding places. I finally saw it again but by the time I got my camera out it ran away again. Sad. Alas... at least I don't have to feed the suckers or pick up their poop. So, I've got that going for me.

Brian noticed a bunch of yellow flowers moving and then realized all the ants were carrying them. We followed them from their house they are building over by were the bunny was and realized they were coming all the way past Brian's office window on the other side of the house. I don't know how far away that is but it's a pretty long haul.


They ants are carrying the little yellow flowers! It was cool to watch for a little while.

Now for this evening...Brian and I had been reading our Harry Potter books and decided to hit up the mall to find him some jeans that fit. We were successful...PTL! On our way home we decided to check out the American Home Furnishing Going out of Business auction to see if they had an good final deals on a nice dining room set. We checked in and actually got a ticket so we could bid if we found anything good. Here is Brian working his magic...

except we didn't buy anything. I think he is going to try to go back tomorrow and see if he can find a kitchen table!

Who knew an auction could be so fun!

3 comments:

Lyndsey said...

First - glad to hear Brian has been converted to HPland. You now have my blessing to marry him.
The rest of your post shows you are a perfect hybrid of your parents as it includes your love of bunnies (the Mom's favorite thing) and love of auctions (the Dad's fav)

vicki said...

What do you suppose the ants had in mind? Making leis for the queen? Adding a little spring color to the mound entrance? Did they get the flower down the tunnel?
Love the bunny photos too of course. and when you say box 6, do you mean book 6? I mean, what up with that?
Lylaf

Chez said...

I LOVE that Brian was late to church so he could finish that book. That level of obsession is how I felt when I was reading the Twilight books. Cody's not much of a reader, so he doesn't really get it. Love you guys!