Sunday, May 10, 2009

The weekend rattle snake

We have had a great weekend! We both had our papers and outlines turned in before church this morning! Last night we drove out to Benson, AZ to have a dinner hang out time with Patrick, Kate and Jason (Patrick's HS buddy from Connecticut). Patrick had just put the steaks on the grill, Kate and I were inside talking in the kitchen and Brian and Jason were outside being boys when Brian loudly says, "Hey dude, I think that is a rattlesnake over there". So of course I yell, "WAIT! Don't do anything! I'm going to grab on camera!!" Which of course I always have with me!


Patrick was using a shovel to kill the snake. However, the sucker wouldn't die. Brian grabbed a hatchet and handed it to Patrick who then chopped the body from the head that was on the other side of the shovel. You can see the rattler pretty clearly from this picture.

Patrick is working hard on the snake while Brian excitingly watches from the other side of the brick fence.

The aftermath...


Patrick and I walked back around into the house. He went to go check on the steaks and they had all burnt to a crisp during our little adventure. Needless to say, dinner took about an hour longer to prepare since we had to defrost more meat. The blessing was we got to hangout outside for an hour spending quality time with each other.




The girls!!

The view from the back yard!

Patrick & Kate...I can't believe I actually captured this picture




We had such an awesome night! It was so nice getting to spend time with them and to see Jason again...the last time I saw him (and first time to meet him) was at Patrick & Kate's wedding!

Coming up next, pool time fun at Bill & Kim Dycus' home...with the massive turtles.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gracious! That's kinda creepy. Glad you didn't die.

vicki said...

glad you are keeping up with the homework! What discipline!! Hope you make A's.

Love the great pix, action shots, Patrick's heroics as he saves his household from the deadly snake, etc. Sounds like such a fun-filled day!