Friday, October 13, 2006

WOW.. almost a month!

Well, I am so sorry that it has taken me so long to respond. Life has been a little chaotic recently. Between two jobs, a new town (still feels that way at least), beginning an intensive bible study, Jerry & Mary's wedding in Dallas last weekend, and a Come before Winter video with over 16 hours worth of raw footage to sift through... so no excuses...

I haven't even been able to take the time and look at everyone else's blogs to stay updated on their lives.
Here is a quick update on mine:
Work is still fine and Brian and I are doing well. Through all of the stresses listed at the beginning of this page, we have had some tense moments, but I think that is normal when you want to see each other but one person is too busy for the other. I'm sorry Brian!

Mary's wedding was beautiful! She looked amazing and the mix of cultures combined in her ceremonies, that is right my friends... 2 ceremonies, was so neat to see. She and Jerry both are Chinese and both have a lot of family that still lives over seas. They had a traditional Chinese ceremony and then a wedding ceremony and reception that we are more accustomed to in the States.

It was so good to see all of my friends... watching the Office with Tim, Grey's Anatomy with Madeline and Rene, Chiptole with Brittany and then all of my high school friends at the wedding and most of my church friends on Sunday! It was a quick but wonderful 4 days. I ALSO GOT TO DRIVE DAD'S TRUCK!! Let me just tell you something my friends, there is something special about flying into the DFW airport, going to El Fenix for a fabulous bowl of Tortilla soup, and then heading home to set down your things hop in a F150 extended cab pick-up truck and drive towards downtown Dallas in rush hour traffic. I can't express the joy I was feeling to be sitting in traffic on a HIGHWAY... they haven't figured out those are yet. And though people may drive a little quickly on the highways and byways of Dallas, I would take that any day over an elderly person who should not be driving, going approximately 7 miles under the speed limit on a two lane road.... oh, the blessings of living in a retirement community.

I will be posting pictures later once I am at home and have my computer!

COME VISIT!

1 comment:

LindzShae said...

yeah i agree with Cam i would have driven up just to hug you!!! I miss you guts more than you can imagine!!!!!