Sunday, August 20, 2006

oh, las vegas...

So, I actually went to Las Vegas, Nevada this weekend. Crazy... I know! This was a trip that has been planned for a while now but nothing that I really talked about. Brian's mom lives in Vegas and is leaving for a month-long trip to Ireland so we had to make the seven hour hike (which was lots of fun compared to the 14 trip from Dallas to Tucson a few months back) to pick up the dog that Brian will be taking care of while she is out of the country. The whole trip worked out perfectly however because Brian's little sister, Sydne, was in town with her friend and one of Brian's frat buddies was in town with his fiancee and family, so we were able to see a bunch of people in a short period of time and have a blast at it!
Brian seems to be more of a frequent visitor to LV than I do so he showed me around, went down on the strip, which isn't far at all from where Sara (Brian's mom) lives and spent all day Saturday at the MGM Grand where Pete and Nina were staying or walking around to meet up with Sara, Sydne and Liz.

The trip was great! It was nice to get away from Tucson and be in a big city for a little while! I definitely miss big city life! Gambling-wise, I broke even, Sydne was up $150 and Brian won $700 last night! $700!!! It was so crazy but so exciting!!!!

Last night, Pete, Nina, Brian and I went to go see Ka, one of the Cirque de Soleil shows, at the MGM Grand. It was amazing! I can't believe their set design and lighting! It was phenomenal. These people are so flexible, agile and talented! It was a fabulous show and if you ever have the opportunity to see it, GO!!

I am tired and that is all I have for now! Have a wonderful Monday!

5 comments:

vicki said...

Glad yall made it safely back and had such a good time. How did the pup travel? Since you didn't mention it, I guess just fine. Hope you don't have to get up too early. Lylaf, the mom

Lyndsey said...

So jealous you saw Ka! I love watching Cirque shows, but you couldn't pay me to work on one. Next time you should see O. Did you get a chance to hit a Vegas buffet? Those will change your life forever. If yall go again, let me know b/c I have a handful of friends working on shows - could probably get you in for cheap. And now I know that you can drive to Vegas, you can come see me when I'm there in January. LYG!

Valerie said...

Vegas in January, eh? Sounds like a plan to me... I'LL BE THERE! Graduation present... I think so. Glad you were available to talk me through my artery foot gash. Love you.

Lyndsey said...

For Elizabeth's wedding...are you my plus one?

LindzShae said...

oh viva las vegas! i'm glad it was fun. I have to echo what Lyndsey said, if you go back see O it's amazing! well I love you girl and wish that I could see you this weekend when I head to dallas with the jake but oh well. Congrats on the new job and i'll talk to you soon!