Wednesday, August 02, 2006

cabbage... that's all I have to say!

Tim understands the title... and that's all that matters! :)

Life is going slowly at the moment. It is hot outside. I worked out hard yesterday and am not really feeling like making it out to the gym today. I already finished my shift at Starbucks this morning. My day was done by 10:45 am... it began at 4:30 am. I don't work again until tomorrow evening at Ann Taylor. I am still waiting to hear back from the radio station. They called last week and said they are working on an offer for me and that they would call me back on Monday... it's Wednesday.

I did find an apartment! I finished the paper work today and will turn it in tomorrow! I am so thankful for Eric & Jenni Kelley and family for allowing me to stay with them for the next month until I am in the apartment! They are such a blessing to me and an encouragement when I am able to spend time with them!

I still like Brian a whole lot!! I know he is excited for me to have found a place... almost as excited as he is about his condo. They should be starting the painting and roofing work soon if they haven't done so already!

I can't wait for Veeves to be home!

8 comments:

Lyndsey said...

So explain cabbage to the rest of us why don't ya?
And YEA!! about the apartment. What a relief of a burden that's got to be. What's the story of Brian's condo? Hadn't heard about that. Happy Ann Tayloring and Starbucksing! Of course my Starbucks was closed this morning, so I would've had to walk ALL THE WAY to the other Union Square Starbucks. My life is hard. (Instead I just went to the deli - the coffee IS almost a dollar cheaper, but when you drink it black you can tell it's not as good - and I'm nothing if not a coffee snob...I think I may have just won the longest comment EVER post!) And of course, applause for your spelling & grammar! (although since I just have an English Minor, I don't know that my opinion counts)

vicki said...

Maybe you can use your down time to go impress the employment agency people with your professional skills. And you can offer 'em a pound of coffee for their troubles if they can get you an interview with Raytheon!!

Let us know when the moving van is expected...Lylaf

Valerie said...

Congrats on the apartment! You should decorate it by going to IKEA. It would be absolutely fab! 2 days!

Valerie said...

I also can't help but notice that you haven't been commenting on mine or Lyndsey's blog. What's the deal?

(And I'm also trying to see what the 'a' HTML tag is because I can't remember what that means!)

Valerie said...

and i see it's a link... to nothing. ha

shell said...

The fact that you are living with Eric & Jenny for the next month brings me great joy! I don't really know why, other than the fact that I really like them and I really like you and I am so happy the Lord put y'all there together (and I'm glad you're not living on the street). :) I miss you friend!! Hug the Kelleys for me.

sj said...

Catherine Goode I just love you to pieces...and my goodness I miss you too much...I do hope the citizens of the fair city in which you find your self realize the wonder they have in YOU...I feel a bit sorry for all the places that have not employed you...their loss is great...You are a treasure...happy to hear that you have an apartment to call your own...that you and Brian are doing oh so well...I pray for you to have clarity, wisdom and deep insight in the situations of your life...it is soooo easy to get caught in the details necessary to live life in our culture that we negelect the One who longs to bring the blessing in our lives...the very blessing that we are struggling to set up for ourselves! love you loads my sweet friend...(Cahterine (HA)...I am not sure I understand how but you inherited your spelling from ME! I have a love /hate relationship with spell check too...I think what I do is just aim at a word...often I hit the mark...often I don't so I just always try to smile a lot!!!...love you...sj)

sj said...

I can't believe it...I wrote that entire post intending to use the word cabbage several times...rats...