Monday, July 31, 2006

Why spell check is evil...

I spent a fair amount of time on Sunday writing a detailed blog over all the comings and goings of the last few days. As I clicked the spell check button, the screen flashed and then opened up with a blank 'create post' page. I clicked on the back arrow and nothing came up. So, needless to say, spell check is evil!

I have already worked a shift at Starbucks this morning and need to begin getting ready for Ann Taylor this evening! House sitting for Curt went very well this past week and I am very thankful for Eric & Jenni Kelley (and girls) that are allowing me to stay at their house until I find a place to move into! Eric, Jenni and their three daughters (18 months to 5 years old) moved to Tucson from College Station the same day I moved here! We have mutual friends, David & Shelley Parks, who put us in contact.
They are a very sweet family and I appreciate their hospitality and kindness!

Brian and I are doing well and he is still being oh-so-patient with my roller coaster emotions.
One of our couple friends, Roger & Christina, are moving back to the northeast this Sunday so we are going to try to hang out with them tonight. There will also be a big going away party at Gavin's house this Friday!

Veeves should be coming home soon. I know she will miss the UK but she has to finish college! I am so thankful I am done!!!

It has been raining so much the past week or so. All of the streets are not designed to handle flooding so a lot of streets are closed/blocked and a couple of the overpasses are being patrolled by the police as people are walking close to the edge of the water to take pictures of rivers and lakes they didn't know existed! I think it is pretty funny that people are going this crazy over water, but hey, we all get excited about different things!

Well, the apartment that I thought was going to work out fell through this weekend. I am hoping another one I have checked out twice will work out! It is in walking distance from Starbucks and just a few miles from Ann Taylor.

I'll keep you posted on everything!
Blessings to you...

2 comments:

vicki said...

Best wishes to Roger and Christina. Sorry you have to say good-bye so soon after meeting them.

I didn't realize it was raining! does that mean it is cool now?

Well it is a good day for me. Three out of three Goode girl posts! Life is good! Lylaf, the Mom

Valerie said...

Ohhh I get to talk to you in days. No longer will there be an eight hour time difference between us! Love youuuuu!