Wednesday, June 21, 2006

One day and counting....



I will leave from Tucson, AZ tomorrow evening and begin a long journey to the Fiji Islands... not for a luxurious vacation as most would think... but to serve and show Jesus to women involved in missions all over the south pacific. I am working as a videographer for a non-profit called Come before Winter. We serve women actively involved with missions all over the world; hosting renewals approximately twice a year spend time encouraging them, renewing their mind and their tired spirits! It has been such a marvelous blessing for me being able to be involved in this mission for coming on three years!! I will be returning on July 2nd and do not know how accessible email is so the blogging world of Catherine Goode may slow down for a few short weeks...

I still have not heard anything back from any of the jobs... slightly frustrating but am so thankful that I am leaving tomorrow and will have two weeks to renew my own mind and my own spirit.

I have been spending my extra time searching for jobs, reading my new book and lounging by the pool! It hasn't been too bad but I am definitely ready to be working full time!! I hope that something opens up soon after I return if I haven't anything by flight time tomorrow evening!!

I have attached a bunch of pictures that I have taken around Brian's uncle's house over the last couple of days! I hope you enjoy them!!











3 comments:

vicki said...

Goodness, Cather, those pictures look almost like the desert! Is the ground the color of concrete? Does anyone have grass or a landscaped yard?

We are praying for safe and successful travel and a job and housing when you return. Keep taking pix so you can entertain your blog buddies when you get back. Lylaf

Lyndsey said...

I'm so proud of you! I know what a blessing you are to Come Before Winter - and the blessing it is to you. I hope you have an incredible adventure, safe travel, and can't wait to see all of the pictures.

Valerie said...

i'm not sure how far fiji is from the uk but you should try to get on the wrong plane and then just fly here instead. it'll be fun!