Tuesday, June 20, 2006

To keep Veeves happy...

So, today has been another slightly frustrating day. I am so thankful that I will be leaving on Thursday for Fiji. I think I need this renewal with Come before Winter just as much (if not more) than the women that will be attending. If you are not familiar with Come before Winter, check out their website at www.comebeforewinter.org. This is the women's ministry that I work with shooting and editing their videos!

I still have not heard back from any job prospects as of yet. I know that patience is a virtue but man am I ready for an answer NOW!!! The radio station interview went well and I feel like I did the best job I possibly could. They told me they would contact me early this next week... which means maybe tomorrow or even Thursday I guess. My interview at Ann Taylor also went very well and I am hoping to hear back from them by tomorrow. I put in for management positions with Bebe and Sunset Canyon but have not heard back from either of them yet.

The temp agency gave me some work for today... just a few hours answering phones at a law office. I was happy to get out for a little while and earn some money... though it is obviously not as much as I would like to be making.

I have finally finished all of my thank you cards for the wonderful party we had right before Brian and I left for Tucson. I am so thankful for my friends and family... and so glad Lyndsey was able to make it from NYC!!!

It is still stinkin' hot just in case any one was wondering. I burn my hand every time I get into my car and try to put my seat belt on. I don't leave anything in my car anymore... not because I am afraid it will get broken into and stolen, but because it will most likely melt if left for more that :30 seconds. :)

Brian is working hard at work and I think I may go to his uncles house and lay by the cool with a nice tall glass of water and my new book I just bought; 'And the Shofar Blew' by Francine Rivers. I have enjoyed all of her books I have read thus far and am sure I will enjoy this one as well!

That is all I can think about keeping you updated for now.

5 comments:

Lyndsey said...

I'm so glad I came to, and the timing (obviously) couldn't have been more perfect with my new gig! I know - oh do I know - how frustrating waiting for those phone calls can be, but I promise when you get that call, it'll be worth it. As a wise woman once said - love your guts!

Valerie said...

first homedog, you copied my background. i had it first, promise.

but i mean, i feel ya about needing to leave the country for some renewal! you'll get an awesome job and then i'll graduate and figure out where to move to! it'll be great! i like your face! ha!

Brooks Inc. said...

I want to come and lay by th ecool with you...HOnestly in all of this job business I am pulling for ann Taylor, I could really use the discount! :)

I am praying that you will hear soon from someone that will opne the door to a great job...Love you!

Becky

vicki said...

Hope you and Francine are getting on well at the pool. don't forget the sunblock to protect your mistic tan! And did you finish The Color of Law? A good book, wouldn't you say? And I like your new background. Guess you can change every couple of days, huh? Hope today is the day you get the call. Lylaf, the mom

Catherine said...

THanks mom! I am putting on the sun block and I have made Brian start putting it on as well... he has never done it before and the little stinker still doesn't get burnt!
I did finish the color of law as well! It was a great book! I need to recommend it to Brittany considering she is approaching her second year of Law school at the prestigous SMU!