Saturday, June 17, 2006

What a lovely Saturday...

So, today hasn't been too bad. Brian and I went to Golds Gym and worked out today... a lovely way to start off a Saturday... seriously! I did cardio and he did weights... Then we went driving around, I found Sam's Club and got some cheap gas $2.71!
Other than that it has been a day of relaxing, watching the USA tie to Italy after two red cars and only playing with 9 players on the field instead of the normal 11... good game, not great, but good.

Yesterday however, is definitely something more to talk about! I started off my day having to be at my first day of work EVER in Tucson (through a temp agency... dad is so proud of his college graduated girls and their temp agencies!!!) I got there a few minutes early and was greeted in the parking lot by a very small police woman confronting a tall homeless man who had set up shop in front of the office building causing a disturbance. I was walking around looking for the suite number I was suppose to report to by 7:30am when a man ushered me quickly into the door of his office to get out of the way. I did see the small police woman pull out her taser gun while the larger man cop that arrived a moment after I did tried to hand cuff the man. There was a high-pitched threat and then the screams of a homeless man being tasered for resisting arrest.

This is at the point where the man ushers me in, which actually turned out to be the suite I was looking for, then he turned to the admin at the front desk and said call everyone and tell them to lock their front doors... he got loose and is on the run!!

Man... what a wonderful day in Tucson!! And my intro to the work force!! :) The man was caught 15 minutes later, I was given a desk and a computer, and spent the next 4 1/2 hours entering data... because if there is one thing that our father taught us well from a young age, that was typing skills! We are masters... typing 80+ words a minute is a handy skill... I just wished I enjoyed sitting in front of a computer for hours on end and maybe I could make a career out of it... alas...

I have attached some pictures of the drive Brian and I made around town today. They are just the normal streets we are surrounded by here in Tucson... I am sure I will send pretty pictures after I travel somewhere prettier than here!

OH... the job interview. I did have the job interview at the Family Life Radio station on Friday at 2pm. I feel that it went well, or at least as well as possible. We laughed, we talked technical, we talked spiritual and we talked about why in the world I would move to Tucson! They said they would call me some time early next week before I left on my CbW trip. So, I will keep you updated... I also have an interview with Ann Taylor at 11am on Monday and am in phone chats with a manager at a boutique called Sunset Canyon... they are looking for a management trainee which seems like a good deal if the radio gig falls through... again, keep you updated as i know...

Mom, I hope this was enough information for you since you were so excited about coming home to read someone's blog since we are all loser children and can not always write multiple entry's a day... we try mom, we really do try!!!

Enjoy the pix


The mountains surround our every turn. There is not a direction you can drive where you are not facing a mountain front! It really is pretty neat!


Brian always enjoys taking pix of me when I am nasty and just getting down working out! So.... here you go!


Notice the palm trees in the intersection... and the lack of smog in the air!!


Intersection right by Brian's house... see the mountain in the background!!

1 comment:

vicki said...

Very newsy... Loved the post! The Ann Taylor and the other mgmt. trainee sound like possibilities, but I hope the job in your field works out. Thanks for the pictures. It is beautiful. Keep us posted on the housing situation too. See, there is always something to talk about! lylaf, the mom