Monday, July 24, 2006

For the mom...

Mom and I spoke today and she was updating me on the fact that Lyndsey, Catherine AND Valerie have not updated their blogs in the last couple of days and she has nothing more to read! So, here's to you mom!

Life is Tucson is good. I now have two jobs that have begun! Today was day #1 at Starbucks and for the next couple of weeks it seems like there will be a lot of training (which is a good thing) and learning. Everyone at the Starbucks I work at is very nice and sarcastic. Lyndsey, thank you for any useless trivia you have to share... I always appreciate feeling like I know a little bit more coming into any situation.

Ann Taylor is still going wonderfully. My feet are slowly acclimating to standing in heels for hours at a time. I think that the two jobs will balance just fine for now until another job makes it's way into my lap.

I have now narrowed down my living situation to two apartments. I am still debating but will hopefully make my decision within the next week or so. There are pros and cons to both of course.

Brian's dad and step mom are in town this week. They brought Brian his boat (he wants to go sailing this weekend) and Connie (Brian's step mom) is helping move her son into his new home with two of his friends. They will be attending the U of A in the fall. We had a family dinner last night with Connie & David, Connie's mom, Curt (Connie's brother & Brian's boss), Curt's wife and two kids, Connie's son, Kyle, his girlfriend, Dana, and one of his roommates, Steve. We had a great time laughing and picking on everyone at some point in time during the dinner.

I am house sitting Curt's house this week while he and the family head to San Diego for a nice little vacation.

I visited Gateway Christian church yesterday. I really enjoyed the people and the worship. They are still in search of a preacher and I can't say that I was the biggest fan of the style of the man that spoke... but all in all, it is the best all around experience I have had thus far. Hopefully, Brian and I will be able to attend together next week. I think that he will really enjoy the worship time! They also expressed the desire for help with the junior/high school groups which I would love to get plugged into at whatever church I decide to attend.
Either way, good experience and the people that I was able to meet were so friendly!!!!

That's all I got for now! I hope you enjoy the update!
<3 C

3 comments:

vicki said...

Yes, my Cather! Good job and keep on posting! Things really start looking up when you have a job (or two!) going for you. Hope the housing situation works out soon so you will know what you need from here. Keep those cards and letters coming! Lylaf, the mom

Valerie said...

Good update! I have the most boring update posted! In a week and a half we can start talking all the time! And texting! I love your face!

Lyndsey said...

I guess this means I have to do a "The Mom" post as well. :)